Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Why am I Here?

This is not the first time in my life that I have asked myself this question. There have been several points in my life that I have wondered, “What is my purpose?" Now I am beginning to ask that very question here in Mexico. We have been here a little over two months and we are getting into the routine of daily life. Beto has been looking for a job and I guess that is what has brought up this very important question. He could easily get a job at a factory working ten-hour days six days a week for a whopping five hundred dollars a month. Those circumstances are not ideal for anyone but it is especially not ideal for us because that would mean that the kids and I would be shut in until Beto got home. By the time he would get home, he would then be too tired to take us anywhere or do anything with us. At this time, I just do not feel like God has led us here for Beto to work endless hours in a factory and for us to feel shut out from the rest of the world. Of course, Beto needs a job so that we can have a means to live our daily life.
So why has God led us here? What is our purpose? I do not want this opportunity to live in Mexico to go by and we not take every chance to show Christ’s love and forgiveness. I do not want a year to go by and ask myself what good I did here. Therefore, I guess I am writing this so that everyone will be in prayer with us on what is our next move. Asking God to continue to provide physically for us and provide a way for us to minister to others.

Dear Lord, lead us in the right direction and help us to hear your voice.

3 comments:

  1. Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery that it is. In the boredom and pain of it no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace. Frederick Buechner "Now and Then"

    And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in prayers.

    You are always in my prayers. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been asking the same question myself for the past couple of weeks while we are up here in PA. I don't have a job yet and I can relate with you not wanting to waste an opportunity, but at the same time feeling lost. Its easy to feel isolated when you feel that way. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leah for the sweet comment. Hopefully you will find something to do in PA soon. Maybe some volunteer work at a childrens home or a pregnancy center. Do you have a blog about your experiences?

    ReplyDelete