Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Feliz Dia Del Padre

Sunday's have quickly become my favorite day of the week. I love going to the church here called, "Jerico Baptist Church," and then eating at Abuelito's house with the whole family and of course, a nice long nap. Today was an extra special day, because it is also Father's Day here in Mexico. Mexicans have a party for everything and today was no exception. There was great food, lots of playing children, and loud music. I am finally getting a little more comfortable speaking Spanish, but I am far from being fluent and need LOTS more practice. I can answer a few questions and comfortable enough to mingle on my own with all the women in the family. I had been a little homesick this past week, but today lifted my spirits (it may have something to do with going home in 2 days for several days).
Happy Fathers Day!
Homemade cake cooked on top of a fire. Tasted... interesting
Making Guacamole

 
Preparing chicken tacos

 
Beto's brother, Cruz and his son William

 
My love

 

 
My sweet familia

 
Daddy and his baby girl dancing
Beto's brother, Morgan and his son Yael

The brothers and their little ones

No comments:

Post a Comment