Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Still Honeymooning?

I have a good friend that has traveled a lot and has lived in different countries. She is familiar with how things go as far being homesick and culture shock. While chatting the other day with her she asked me if we were still "honeymooning." I asked her what did she mean by that term, and she said that is what you call the stage that we are in here in Mexico. Even though we have been here several times and this is where Beto grew up it is still new for us as a family. As I walk down the crowded streets and look around I still get that tingling good feeling. Surrounding me are mountains, houses side by side, people, kids playing in the street, honking cabs, and taco stands. Every time I walk out the door I feel as if I have stepped out into a movie that has been filmed in another country. It is what I have always dreamed of besides the millions of roaches, cold water, no air conditioning, and other things that I have gotten spoiled to in the States. I know this honeymoon stage won't last forever, but I am enjoying it as long as I can.

 Make a donation to this poor child.

She said she will work for food.

Amigos

I believe my kids are starting to blend in.

No comments:

Post a Comment